Feedback

Please leave your feedback about Carrieton attached to this post.

18 Comments

1. Nei on March 29, 2017 at 12:11 am

A search for info on Cloud Buster an equine image from my childhood brought me here.
    Your site had three amazing photos.
    It was an R m Williams poster in my childhood featuring him being ridden by Dick White.
    One day I will come and visit.
    Hope you’re community is doing well.

2. Loris gooch on March 4, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I stayed at the caravan park late 2016. A community member let me stay for $10 a night on a powdered site as I am a single female and I stayed a week. I greatly admire the work being done in small towns to keep them vibrant, an example being the community shop, run by volunteers and the caravan park. However, when the manager of the park returned, Noelene, things were not so pleasant. I was invited into her caravan where I was told I should be paying more and not to tell snyone what I was paying. After being there for three days, I was invited into the tin shed, where I discovered all the other campers hanging out, except me. Noelene never had a pleasant word for me, and if she could say anything unpleasant, she wasted no time in doing so. She could be nice to some, but I never found her to be. I found her to be an unpleasant and controlling bully and I’m sorry to see the caravan park in her hands. The community deserves a manager who is prepared to try different approaches to increase business. A caravan association who wanted their members to stay for $10 a night on unpowered sites were described idiots and if their members were too scared to free camp, they could pay the price. People who stayed at Farina were described a fools who thought they were on a cattle station. And on it went. On my last day, I slept in and by the time I’d finished packing and was ready to leave, it was 12.30. I was the only one staying there. I got my final dressing down on that day. As a 70 year old female and solo traveller, I expect better from caravan managers.

3. Bill Burrows on May 9, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Hi I am trying to find out about my mothers family called ‘Ormiston’ who lived in this district in the early 1900’s
    Her father and mother were:- James ORMISTON and Colina Jessie ORMISTON
    They had 7 children:-
    My mother – Jean Isobel Ormiston born 1911
    Jessie ORMISTON, b. 12 Sep 1896, Yanyarrie,SA d. 8 Oct 1964, Mt Barker,SA
    Catherine Elizabeth ORMISTON, b. 28 Jul 1898, Yanyarrie,SA
    I don’t have any details of the other 5 children
    was wondering if anyone could help?

regards, Bill Burrows

4. Nigel Coombe on October 21, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Just spent 3 lovely nights at the Caravan Park and was an excellent base to take trips around the area to Wilpenna, Blinman and Quorn plus the interesting historic towns of Hammond and Johnsburg. The low price of $20 a night for a beautiful powered sight was complemented with the nicest showers and toilets we have seen in the camp site and so quiet and peaceful .Noeleen who was in charge was very helpful and friendly and encouraged us to have a lovely time and meal at the Carrieton Pub. A great holiday and enthusiastically encourage people to visit and use the park as a base .The park is run by the local progress association and is there not as a profit making business but to encourage people to visit the lovely little town of Carrieton.

5. Jeanette Harvie on September 21, 2015 at 10:01 am

September 2015. The Outback CCO Quilters have just spent a weekend at Carrieton’s Horshoe View Caravan Park. 17 quilters from far and wide gathered, for the eighth year in a row, for fun, frivolity and fabrication. The accommodation was excellent, the food supplied by the local ladies and hotel was delicious and the hospitality first class.
    It was nice to be out in the beautiful Flinders Ranges, to catch up with our scattered quilting group members and the local community who pop in to see that we are actually sewing.
    We will be back next year.

6. Kevin and Kim Sutton on May 27, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Stayed a night during April, on way to Flinders. Bill and Mary were wonderful hosts. Facilities were first class and would highly recommend staying there.

7. Leonie Brook on May 21, 2014 at 10:22 pm

My partner Ivor & I have just spent the best 4 days at the Carrieton caravan park. We used our stay as a base to do day trips to Hawker, Blinman & Parachilne. Next day to Peterborough & Jamestown & even a quick drive to see the ruins at Johnburgh. Bill & Mary were the perfect hosts at the park. The history of the school & many surrounding buildings made for a wonderful walk around the town. Perfect end to our 3 week trip around South Australia!!!

8. Don & June Ehrlich on May 9, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Hi to all, we are traveling from Queensland around and up the Centre of Australia. We were pleasantly surprised when we drove into Carrieton SA. We arrived at the Horse Shoe Caravan Park to find out the price for a powered site was soooo cheap we decided to make Carrieton our base for a ll we want to see in the area, we will stay several weeks until we have satisfied our curiosity in this area.

• Shane on May 9, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Thankyou for your words 🙂 Carrieton has lots too offer and we wish you well while you stay here.
      Many places to visit, ask a local or – if your would like tohave a day trip out too Almerta Station while your in Carrieton – look us up .
      Cheers

9. Marlene Pirie on May 9, 2014 at 3:24 pm

A magnificent park, we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Amenities very clean also on a tight budget the price for the park is brilliant.

Will definitely visit again.

• Shane on May 9, 2014 at 6:47 pm

We are proud of our Great facilities and happy to accomodate 🙂 friendly travellers

10. Gawain on May 17, 2013 at 8:43 am

After reading Red’s comments on her 4 day stay, I’m following in her footsteps soon as I’ve got 3 weeks annual leave in June and will spend 4 nights at Carrieton, taking advantage of the great 4 nights for price of 2 offer. This will make a great start to my Flinders Ranges trip in my 1969 vintage SA-built Harris Caravan. Am looking forward to it as I was confirmed as an adult in the former Anglican Church there.

11. Red Nomad OZ on May 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Hi there! If anyone’s interested, I’ve written an article on my blog about Carrieton & the region; after spending a delightful few days there, I’m betting it won’t be my last visit!!

Here’s the link if you’d like to check it out!! http://www.rednomadoz.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/life-on-edge-carrieton-south-australia.html

• Janet Williams on August 13, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Hi I am member of the Carrieton Caravan Park committee and read your article on Carrieton . Great work ! I am a long time resident of the district Really appreciate your commentary and that you saw the beauty and wonder of the district that I see..Further to your commentary I would like to send a local CD which shares local history in story and song of the Orroroo/ Carrieton District . Would you please reply with postal address so I can forward it onto you
      Meantime hope you enjoying more travels and keep your articles coming.
      kind regards

• Nikki on October 12, 2014 at 2:33 am

I was looking at some old photos the other day, and thought I’d look at Carrieton. My dad was the principal of the school in the 70’s.We lived in the house attached to the school. I remember coming out the kitchen, into the passage, and turning a few steps to the right and opening the door into the school ! Has this changed a lot? I have been looking for pictures of the caravan park, but can’t find any. Rasheeds ran the pub, Mr Shimlick?, the post office,and rode around town on his horse. The swimming pool was built at the time as well. Love to see what has happened to the school house, are there any photos of the park that you know of? thanks, Nikki

• Red Nomad OZ on November 7, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Hello again! I’ve only just seen your response above, Janet. Thank you for the offer of a CD – could you please contact me via email, as I’m reluctant to post my address on the public site!

Since then, I’ve written a book “Aussie Loos with Views!” and I’ve featured the Carrieton Public Loo in it! Here’s a link to more information: http://www.redzaustralia.com/my-book-aussie-loos-with-views/

Happy to provide more information if you’re interested!!

• Red Nomad OZ on November 7, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Happy to provide more information if you’re interested!!

12. Shane Rowe on November 6, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Tim & Stu you have done a great job with the web site. looks great
    well done cheers shane